try this ...
FOR THIS PROCEDURE TO WORK YOU MUST INSTALL THE GAME TO THE DEFAULT DIRECTORY
The following workaround will resolve this issue.
1) Copy the setup folder from disc 1 to your hard drive.
2) Replace the setup.ins file in the setup folder with the setup.ins file which is in the setup.zip file that is attached to this document.
3) Run setup.exe from the setup folder on your hard drive.
4) Click through any error messages you receive. The game should install normally now.
5) Before launching the game for the first time you will need to manually import the registry settings.
6) Attached to this document is vtmreg.zip which contains "vampire.reg". Download this to your desktop and unzip the file.
7) Double-click vampire.reg to import the registry settings for the game.
8) Download and install the 1.1 patch for Vampire from our website.
und hier der rest ...
... bevor du fragst, warum ich das poste ... siehe ...
There is a known issue with the installer and certain motherboard chipsets under Windows 2000. See Answer 6158 for more information about this issue.
... das da oben ist die info zu fehler 6158